Electrical codes and standards
These resources will help homeowners and electrical contractors to install electrical wiring safely and in accordance with electrical codes. Read about service applications, permits, and inspections.
As of December 1, 2017 we will be charging GST on all electrical permit fees.
Electrical codes, standards, and guides
- Residential Wiring Guide, 12th Edition (PDF, 349 KB);
Manitoba Electrical Code, 12th Edition (PDF, 534 KB)
- Manitoba Electrical Code Inspection Notice 2-1 Residential Homeowners Plans and Permit Requirements (PDF, 104 KB);
- Manitoba Electrical Code Inspection Notice 2-2 Luminaire LED Conversions & Retrofits (PDF, 69 KB);
- Manitoba Electrical Code Inspection Notice 26-1 Receptacles for Buildings or Structures Associated with Residential Occupancies (PDF, 84 KB);
- Manitoba Electrical Code Inspection Notice 64-1 Solar Photovoltaic Systems (PDF, 126 KB).
- Customer Metering Standards, 3rd Edition (PDF, 780 KB);
- Industry Notice - 5 Jaw Meter and Meter Enclosures (PDF, 120 KB);
- Solar Photovoltaic Electrical Permit, Plan Review and Equipment Specification Requirements (PDF, 94 KB).
Permit application and fees
Electrical contractor form
- Registered Contractor’s Declaration of Compliance (PDF, 21 KB).
Electrical contractor permits and programs
For general inquiries about electrical permits and inspections:
- Email Electrical Codes and Standards.
- Phone 204-360-7483.
- Read about residential wiring inspections.
For inquiries about your commercial electrical permits and inspections: