What does an Administrative Representative do?
- Prepare, format and distribute letters, reports, memos, charts and tables;
- Maintain the filing systems;
- Arrange for meetings and appointments, which may include booking facilities, preparing and distributing agendas and minutes;
- Act as a receptionist and redirect calls to appropriate staff for action;
- Maintain attendance records and vacation schedules;
- Open, sort, classify and distribute mail;
- Prepare expense accounts and time cards (if necessary);
- Can work in the Human Resources and Engineering disciplines.
Manitoba Hydro requires that you be a graduate of Grade 12 (or equivalent) with:
- Computer literacy;
- Keyboarding skills.
Are there any other requirements?
You must also:
- Have the ability to perform detailed assignments with minimal supervision;
- Have the ability to handle confidential data with security;
- Have knowledge of PC application software such as Windows XP, Microsoft Office;
- Have the ability to multi-task.
If you are registered and interested in a career as an Administrative Representative, you can set up a job alert from your personal start page by selecting "Clerical & Administrative Support" as your area of interest and/or by entering a few key words such as the title above.