What does a Labourer do?
As a Labourer, you will perform a variety of physical tasks, which may include:
- Clearing brush and trees for survey line;
- Performing building and ground maintenance;
- Grass cutting, snow removal;
- Cleaning, caretaking, painting;
- Digging poles and anchoring holes with hand tools;
- Assisting with setting and salvaging of poles and anchors;
- Loading and distributing poles, wire and other materials;
- Assembling and installing hardware;
- Performing ice removal from lines;
- Assisting in coal-handling operations;
- Operating hand and simple power tools and equipment.
Manitoba Hydro requires that you be a graduate of Grade 10.
Are there any other requirements?
You must also:
- Be prepared to work in a variety of working conditions including outdoors;
- Possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Driver's Licence.
If you are registered and interested in a career as a Labourer or Utilityworker, you can set up a job alert from your personal start page by selecting "General Labour" as your area of interest and/or by entering a few key words such as the title above.