What does a Utilityworker do?
As a Utilityworker, you will perform a variety of duties of a semi-skilled nature associated with the construction, operation and maintenance of a plant. You will assists Trades staff and Technicians in the performance of their duties which may include:
- Carrying out rough carpentry;
- Concrete forming fence erection;
- Grounding and building erection;
You may also be required to assist with:
- Grass cutting;
- Maintenance of roads and grounds;
- Powerhouse cleaning and painting;
- Unloading coal to bunkers or to stockpile.
Manitoba Hydro requires that you be a graduate of Grade 10 with up to one (1) year related experience in a semi-skilled work of the building trades.
Are there any other requirements?
You must also:
- Be prepared to work in a variety of working conditions including outdoors;
- Possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Driver's Licence.
If you are registered and interested in a career as a Labourer or Utilityworker, you can set up a job alert from your personal start page by selecting "General Labour" as your area of interest and/or by entering a few key words such as the title above.