A Top 100 Employer
We have been named a Top 100 Employer for the 8th year in a row. Here are some of the reasons why we were selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2018:
- we encourage employees to give to the Manitoba Hydro Employee Fund Board that is used to help employees and retirees in need;
- we help prepare employees for life after work through retirement planning workshops and help them save for the future with contributions to a defined benefit pension plan;
- we encourage ongoing employee development through subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation and a wide range of in-house and online training programs; employees may also apply for an educational leave of absence after four years of employment;
- in addition to personal paid days off, new employees start accruing 3 weeks of paid vacation allowance, working toward a maximum of 7 weeks paid vacation. We may also consider an individual’s previous work experience when setting annual vacation entitlements for some positions;
- active since the 1950s, our social committee organizes numerous fun events every year and helps to manage a number of sports leagues, including a 10-team baseball league as well as a curling and hockey league;
- our centrally-located head office features roof top terraces, six-storey glass atrium and a 24-metre waterfall that moderates humidity;
- we support employees who are new mothers or adoptive parents with maternity and parental leave top-up payments (to 93% of salary for 17 weeks) and offer a variety of flexible work options for when they return to work.
This is the 17th year of the competition.
The winners of the competition were announced in The Globe and Mail.