Manitoba Hydro is a Crown Corporation and the province's major energy utility. From our head office in downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, we:
- serve 567,634 electric customers throughout Manitoba and 276,858 natural gas customers in various communities throughout southern Manitoba;
- are one of the lowest cost providers of electricity in Canada;
- export electricity to electric utilities through our participation in 3 wholesale markets in Canada and the mid-western United States;
- offer a wide range of energy services and programs to our customers, either directly or through our business interests;
- generate nearly all our electricity from self-renewing water power using 15 hydroelectric generating stations, primarily on the Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, Burntwood and Nelson rivers;
- are the major distributor of natural gas in the province, delivering natural gas to nearly 100 communities in the province;
- have capital assets-in-service at original cost exceeding $19.8 billion, making us one of the largest energy utilities in Canada.
The governance of the Corporation is through the Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board.
Code of Conduct
We will conduct Manitoba Hydro's activities in a lawful, responsible and ethical manner, so that our reputation for honesty, integrity and the faithful performance of our obligations is maintained and enhanced.
How We Do Business – Manitoba Hydro's Code of Conduct (PDF, 2.2 MB).
Read more about us