Selkirk Generating Station
- Construction started 1957;
- Construction completed 1960;
- Two turbo-alternators (units);
- Capacity 125 MW;
- Fuelled by natural gas.
Selkirk Generating Station stands close to the Red River on the east side of the Town of Selkirk, which is named after Lord Selkirk, the man who in the year 1812 brought Scottish settlers to the Point Douglas area close to Winnipeg. Heading eastwards, Selkirk is located 35 km from Winnipeg.
For more information, email Public Affairs.