Facilities & operations
About 96 per cent of the electricity Manitoba Hydro produces each year – 30 billion kilowatt-hours on average – is clean, renewable power generated at 15 hydroelectric generating stations on the Nelson, Winnipeg, Saskatchewan, Burntwood and Laurie rivers.
The province's remaining electricity needs are fulfilled by:
- 2 thermal generating stations;
- 4 remote diesel generating stations;
- wind power purchases from independent wind farms in Manitoba.
Manitoba Hydro has an extensive infrastructure to support the production and delivery of power in the province. In 2013–14 we invested $663 million toward building and maintaining a secure and dependable delivery system.
Learn more about our facilities and operations:
- generating stations;
- converter stations;
- transmission & distribution;
- the smart grid;
- general information;
- how we build a generating station.