Energy Finance Plan
The Energy Finance Plan is convenient, on-bill financing for upgrades to gas and electrical systems and is available to Manitoba Hydro residential, commercial, farm, and seasonal customers.
- Borrow up to $ per residence.
- The minimum allowable loan amount is $500.
- The maximum financing term is 5 years.
- The minimum monthly payment is $15.
- Current interest rate is %.
- No down payment required.
- All work must be performed by a qualified electrician or a licensed contractor who is a participant in the Energy Finance Plan.
- Credit approval must be pre-arranged.
- Repayment of the loan is the responsibility of the homeowner and not the tenant.
- The loan becomes due and payable when the house is sold; the loan is not transferable.
- Financing is not eligible for homes under construction, unoccupied homes, or projects in progress or already completed.
Financing through the Energy Finance Plan is available for:
- upgrades to electrical service entrance and panel board equipment;
- wiring circuits and associated equipment;
- natural gas piping, venting, ductwork, delivery, permit cost, and taxes;
- central air conditioning systems (must have a minimum
SEER of 13.0);
- electric/conventional natural gas water heaters (electric must meet
CSA C-191 standard);
- electric and natural gas furnaces/boilers for seasonal, farm, and commercial customers;
- combination heating systems;
- unit heaters (natural convection, forced air, or forced air infrared);
- direct vent natural gas fireplaces (built-in and free-standing);
- security lighting and fixtures (wiring changes must be made as part of other electrical and energy improvement work);
- gas pool heaters;
- permanently installed dehumidifiers (hard-wired);
- permanently installed air purifiers (hard-wired);
- air source heat pumps.
Financing is not available for:
- wiring and related equipment for buildings not previously supplied with electrical service;
- purchase of these free-standing or built-in-appliances:
- countertop ranges;
- wall ovens;
- range hoods;
- water pressure systems;
- garbage disposal units;
- vacuum systems.
- any natural gas product not installed by a licensed gas fitter;
- used equipment;
- masonry or carpentry for mantels, hearths, etc. (unless part of a larger project);
- companion appliances purchased independently;
- ductwork (unless part of a larger project);
- any replacement parts.
How to Apply
Your contractor or retailer will work with you to determine if your project is eligible for financing and will help you complete the loan application.
Contractors and retailers can find more information on the Energy Finance Plan by contacting us.
Calculate Your Payments
- Step 1:
- Enter in the total amount of the loan (principal) - cannot exceed $.
- Step 2:
- Select the term (amortization period) of the loan.
- Step 3:
- Click "Calculate" to estimate your monthly loan payment for the initial 5-year term.
Other than decimal points, do not enter any other non-numeric characters (commas, dollar signs, etc.) in the entry boxes. Doing so will cause an error.