The Energy Finance Plan
We offer convenient financing to improve your electrical or natural gas service.
Loan agreements that were received for approval on or after August 8, 2012 are eligible for the new 6.75 per cent interest rate. Loan agreements approved prior to August 8, 2012 may be eligible for the new interest rate if the contractor has not been paid and the loan is not currently billing on your energy account.
Loan agreements that have been completed and are currently billing on your energy account will remain fixed for the remainder of the contract term.
- The registered owner of the building where approved natural gas and/or electrical improvements are to take place.
- Residential, seasonal, farm, and commercial customers in Manitoba Hydro service areas are all eligible.
- Upgrades to electrical service entrance and panel board equipment;
- Wiring circuits and associated equipment;
- Natural gas piping, venting, ductwork, delivery, permit cost, and taxes;
- Central air conditioning systems (must have a minimum
SEER of 13.0);
- Electric / conventional natural gas water heaters (electric must meet
CSA C-191 standard);
- Electric and natural gas furnaces/boilers for seasonal, farm, and commercial customers;
- Combination heating systems;
- Unit heaters (natural convection, forced air, or forced air infrared);
- Direct vent natural gas fireplaces (built-in and free-standing);
- Security lighting and fixtures (wiring changes must be made as part of other electrical and energy improvement work).
What doesn't qualify?
- Wiring and related equipment for buildings not previously supplied with electrical service
- Purchase of free-standing or built-in-appliances such as:
- countertop ranges;
- wall ovens;
- range hoods;
- water pressure systems;
- garbage disposal units;
- vacuum systems.
- Any natural gas product NOT installed by a licensed gas fitter
- Used equipment
- Masonry or carpentry for mantels, hearths, etc. (unless part of a larger project)
- Companion appliances purchased independently
- Ductwork (unless part of a larger project).
- No down payment required.
- All work must be performed by a qualified electrician or a licensed contractor who is a participant in the Energy Finance Plan.
- Credit approval must be prearranged.
Calculate Your Payments.
Contact a participating contractor, who will complete the loan agreement with you and obtain approval for your loan. We will pay the contractor directly and monthly loan instalments will be payable on your energy bill.
The Fine Print
- Upgrade work performed by the contractor must be completed within 6 months of the date of signing the loan agreement.
- Following the expiry date of the initial six months of the Loan Agreement, additional payments may be made at any time during the remaining term of the Agreement. Finance charges will be reduced accordingly.
- The loan becomes due and payable if the building is sold.
- Projects in progress, or already completed, at the time Manitoba Hydro receives the application are not eligible for the loan.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information about the Energy Finance Plan, contact your local contractor or your Local District Office.