Materials created for the Poplar Bluff Transmission Project:
GIS data – project infrastructure for download
This zip file contains spatial files in ESRI Shapefile format of the project infrastructure. They are viewable using geographic information system software. We recommend extracting the files to your computer, rather than opening them online. The .kml file will allow you to view the route(s) with software such as Google Earth®.
Do not download these files if they are beyond your computer’s or internet connection’s ability as they can cause your computer to temporarily stop working (require a restart).
An environmental assessment report was submitted to the Environmental Approvals Branch of Manitoba Sustainable Development for review and approval was received on September 28, 2017. This project is classified Class 2 development under The Environment Act.
The environmental assessment report for the project includes:
- a description of the project, through construction, operation, and maintenance;
- a study area characterization;
- an outline of the public and Indigenous engagement processes, and the feedback received;
- the identification and assessment of potential environmental and socio-economic effects; and
- the development of mitigation measures to minimize potential effects on people and the environment.