Commercial Building Envelope Program
Our Building Envelope Program provides financial incentives to encourage building owners to improve the thermal performance of their building by upgrading insulation levels and installing energy efficient windows into existing buildings.
A building's envelope is comprised of the windows, doors, floors, walls, and roof of the building. It reduces air leakage in the building and keeps occupants comfortable.
A few key elements of building envelopes that affect building thermal performance are:
- integrated window design;
- wall and roof insulation;
- improved air tightness.
- lower heating and cooling costs;
- lower building maintenance costs;
- increased occupant comfort;
- reduced condensation and moisture;
- improved indoor air quality;
- reduced emissions output.
Read customer profiles about successful partnerships between the Commercial Building Envelope Program and Power Smart for Business customers: