Building Optimization Program
We can help you improve the energy efficiency of your commercial building by identifying energy saving opportunities. Recommended strategies are identified through an investigation process with additional focus on documentation and training to realize persistence of savings. This investigative process is called retrocommissioning (RCx).
With the help of program incentives, you can often recover the cost of implementing approved energy efficient technologies within a short time. Typical projects can save up to 15 per cent of total building energy costs with a simple payback period averaging less than 2 years.
- reduced operating and maintenance costs;
- reduced energy costs;
- increased employee and occupant comfort;
- added property/asset value;
- increased technical knowledge of in-house operating staff;
- reduced building and equipment failures, and extended equipment life;
- solution of persistent problems;
- identification of other opportunities through which we may provide financial incentives for further building system improvements.
We can help you determine if you are a good candidate for this program. The Building Optimization Program is designed for larger commercial buildings in the Manitoba Hydro service area only.
Read customer profiles about successful partnerships between the Building Optimization Program and Power Smart for Business customers:
Red River College optimizes its Princess Street Campus (PDF, 239 KB)
RONA reduces its footprint with energy efficient measures (PDF, 332 KB).
Seven Oaks General Hospital focuses on energy efficiency (PDF, 227 KB).