If you are constructing a new building or replacing your current heating and cooling system, consider a geothermal heat pump. Geothermal systems are among the most energy efficient, comfortable, and environmentally friendly heating and cooling systems available.
- reduced annual heating costs of 50 to 70 per cent (compared to a conventional electric system);
- low, stable energy costs;
- uniform levels of heating and cooling;
- maximum use of office or retail space (requires less room than traditional mechanical systems);
- no smoke stacks or rooftop chillers and reduced roof structural requirements;
- demonstration of environmental stewardship and green commercial practices.
Our Geothermal Program provides financial incentives to customers who install a geothermal heat pump system to replace a conventional electric heating system. To be eligible for financial incentives, you must have your project pre-approved by Manitoba Hydro prior to the installation or purchase of a geothermal heat pump system.
Watch our Power Smart video to learn how Avonlea Hutterite Colony’s geothermal heat pump systems power the entire community.
Avonlea Hutterite Colony
The Avonlea Hutterite Colony is the first completely geothermal community in Manitoba. All of the heating and cooling in homes and industrial buildings is covered by a geothermal heat pump system.
To receive a Geothermal Program information kit and application package, email us.