In most businesses, heating, ventilation, and cooling typically account for 40 to 60 per cent of energy costs. A great way to reduce energy consumption and offset rising fuel costs is to replace old, inefficient equipment with energy efficient technologies.
Incentives are available for the following technologies:
- carbon dioxide (CO2) sensors;
- heat recovery ventilators and energy recovery ventilators;
- water heaters.
Financial incentives help offset the added cost of efficiency upgrades and reduce the payback in energy savings to just a few years or less. The maximum eligible incentives are $250,000 for all electrical measures and $100,000 for all natural gas measures included in the project.
- Lower energy bills and reduced maintenance and overall operating costs.
- Improved work environment with more uniform temperatures throughout your building. Increased comfort translates into greater productivity.
- Improved marketability of your building. Value is added by improving comfort and reducing operating costs.
- Commitment to a sustainable future by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Read customer profiles about successful partnerships between the HVAC Program and Power Smart for Business customers:
Collège Béliveau takes comfort in new HVAC systems (PDF, 392 KB).
Shoppers Drug Mart discovers energy savings in Manitoba (PDF, 222 KB).
Read more about the HVAC Program