Lighting for Multi-Unit Residential Buildings
We offer financial incentives to owners, property managers, and landlords of apartment complexes, townhouses, and triplexes/fourplexes, or multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs) to install energy efficient LED bulbs in their residential suites.
- use up to 80 per cent less energy than incandescent bulbs;
- can last up to 25,000 hours or 25 years based on average residential use;
- can save money on replacement bulbs and time/effort of changing bulbs;
- LEDs come in a variety of designs, styles, and colour temperatures.
- $4 incentive per LED bulb for:
- 40W A-line;
- 60W A-line.
- $6 incentive per LED bulb for:
- 100W A-line;
Limit of 10 LED bulbs per residential suite.
Pre-approval is needed in order to purchase or install your LED bulbs. LED bulbs must be either:
How to take part
You must be pre-approved before you buy or install any LED bulbs. To become pre-approved:
- Print, complete, and scan a copy of your Lighting Program for MURBs Application (PDF, 294 KB) to give to your Manitoba Hydro representative or email to us.
- We will review the application and pre-approve you if you qualify.
- Buy and install your LED bulbs within 180 days of pre-approval.
- Give your Completion Declaration and Questionnaire (PDF, 234 KB), along with your invoice to your Manitoba Hydro representative or mail it to:
Lighting Program for MURBs
360 Portage Ave. (7)
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0G8
- We may arrange a post-inspection walkthrough.
- We will mail you an incentive cheque.
Financial incentives for common area lighting for MURBs may be eligible through our Commercial Lighting Program.
For more information, email us.
Read more about the Lighting Program