Lighting for Multi-Unit Residential Buildings
We offer financial incentives to owners, property managers, and landlords of apartment complexes, townhouses, and triplexes/fourplexes, or multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs) to install energy efficient LED bulbs in their residential suites.
- use up to 80 per cent less energy than incandescent bulbs;
- can last up to 25,000 hours or 25 years based on average residential use;
- can save money on replacement bulbs and time/effort of changing bulbs;
- LEDs come in a variety of designs, styles, and colour temperatures.
- $4 incentive per LED bulb for:
- 40W A-line;
- 60W A-line.
- $6 incentive per LED bulb for:
- 100W A-line;
Limit of 10 LED bulbs per residential suite.
Pre-approval is needed in order to purchase or install your LED bulbs. LED bulbs must be either:
How to take part
You must be pre-approved before you buy or install any LED bulbs. To become pre-approved:
- Print, complete, and scan a copy of your Lighting Program for MURBs Application (PDF, 294 KB) to give to your Manitoba Hydro representative or email to us.
- We will review the application and pre-approve you if you qualify.
- Buy and install your LED bulbs within 180 days of pre-approval.
- Give your Completion Declaration and Questionnaire (PDF, 234 KB), along with your invoice to your Manitoba Hydro representative or mail it to:
Lighting Program for MURBs
360 Portage Ave. (7)
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0G8
- We may arrange a post-inspection walkthrough.
- We will mail you an incentive cheque.
Financial incentives for common area lighting for MURBs may be eligible through our Commercial Lighting Program.
For more information, email us.