Electrical contractor permits & programs
Electrical contractors operating outside Winnipeg city limits can take advantage of ePermit, and the Registered Electrical Contractor Program (RECP). Find resources to help you install electrical wiring in accordance with electrical codes.
Effective December 1, 2017 a permit account is required by all contractors (residential and commercial) in order to apply for an electrical permit.
A permit account gives you a monthly billing statement of all your electrical permit charges, and automatically enrolls you in Manitoba Hydro’s MyBill program.
- Apply for a permit account (a valid electrical licence is required).
- We offer a pre-authorized payment plan for permit accounts.
For more information on permit accounts, email us.
View and manage multiple permit applications online.
- submit new or modify existing applications from anywhere, at anytime;
- upload plans electronically;
- view online status for all permits;
- speed the confirmation of electrical permits;
- single user ID for both MyBill and ePermit accounts;
- no charge for the service.
To register for ePermit, you must have:
- a valid electrical licence;
- a permit account (apply for a permit account);
- at least 1 bill from your permit account.
- your permit account number registered in MyBill:
- Log into MyBill, select Add/Update Accounts, then Add New Account.
- If you do not have a MyBill account: register for MyBill using your permit account number.
For more information on ePermit, email us.
Registered Electrical Contractor Program
Through the Registered Electrical Contractor Program (RECP), you get reduced fees for residential electrical permits and associated services, reduced registration fees for Manitoba Hydro sponsored seminars, and reduced inspections for individual installations.
To register, submit the following to the RECP Coordinator:
- your Manitoba Hydro permit account number – if you do not have a permit account, apply for a permit account.
- completed Registered Electrical Contractor Program application (PDF, 36 KB);
- registration fee (annual registration fee of $150);
- copy of your Journeyman Electrician's License;
- copy of your Proof of Insurance.
For more information about registration or the program: