For a new home or renovations that involve electrical and natural gas service, complete a service application.

For new or upgraded wiring, obtain an electrical permit and arrange for a wiring inspection.

Electrical and natural gas service application

To request new electrical or natural gas service, or changes to your existing service, complete and submit a service application and site plan diagram.

Apply for residential service

Electrical permits and inspections

For property inside Winnipeg city limits

For property outside Winnipeg city limits

For property outside Winnipeg city limits, arrange for electrical wiring permits and inspections from Manitoba Hydro for:

  • any new building, renovation or addition;
  • any outbuilding (including detached garages, carports, sheds, etc.);
  • swimming pool or hot tub (with a pump or water heater) installation;
  • furnace and air conditioner installation or replacement.

Before any electrical work is started, you must have an electrical permit.

By law, all electrical wiring in Manitoba must be inspected to ensure compliance with local bylaws and the Manitoba Electrical Code (PDF, 326 KB). All wiring must be visible for inspection and all electrical equipment must be approved.

Contact us

To make an appointment for a residential wiring inspection or to ask about service applications and electrical inspections: