With more people at home, it’s vital to take care when using a space heater. If you must use a space heater as a temporary heat source, follow these safety tips to avoid potential shock and fire hazards.
Keeping you safe
Manitoba Hydro crews work through extreme conditions to ensure you have reliable electric and natural gas service during the winter. Extreme wind chills, excessive snow and snowdrifts can block roads and generally make access to our equipment more difficult.
With more snow on the ground, here are some tips to stay safe if you’re snowmobiling.
A space heater can be a quick and easy way to warm up a room. But it can also pose a fire risk if not used correctly. Space heaters are also not intended as a permanent heat source, but only used as a temporary heat source in a home or garage.
Trees are many things: living time capsules, air filters, decorations, places to play, and a distinctive and beautiful part of our province. They’re also a very common cause of power outages in Manitoba.
Nothing says Christmas like a colourful light display. But with all the glittering outdoor lights, inflatable yard decorations, and lights on your Christmas tree, there’s an increased risk of electrical hazards.
With the heating season upon us, the risk of carbon monoxide exposure increases. Carbon monoxide (CO) exposure is caused by faulty or improperly vented heating equipment. Anything that burns propane, heating oil, kerosene, coal and wood can cause dangerous levels of CO in your home and workplace if not properly vented.
Cold winter weather is just around the corner. Follow these tips to make sure your natural gas furnace is running properly to keep your house warm.
Using electrical equipment safely can prevent the majority of electrical fires. Be sure you and your family practice the safe use of electricity to prevent an electrical fire happening in your home.