I want to thank all of you – our customers – for the patience, support and understanding you showed Manitoba Hydro, and particularly our front-line crews, as we dealt with the effects of the devastating early winter storm that hit us over the Thanksgiving weekend.
With the heating season upon us, the risk of carbon monoxide exposure increases. Carbon monoxide (CO) exposure is caused by faulty or improperly vented heating equipment. Anything that burns propane, heating oil, kerosene, coal and wood can cause dangerous levels of CO in your home and workplace if not properly vented.
The key to Manitoba Hydro’s ‘flexibility’ (also called ‘dispatchability’) is its huge amount of energy storage — the water stored behind our hydro generating stations.
Cold winter weather is just around the corner. Follow these tips to make sure your natural gas furnace is running properly to keep your house warm.
Using electrical equipment safely can prevent the majority of electrical fires. Be sure you and your family practice the safe use of electricity to prevent an electrical fire happening in your home.