More in this section

Energy Matters

Safety tips for the 12 Days of Christmas

Nothing says Christmas like a colourful light display. But with all the glittering outdoor lights, inflatable yard decorations, and lights on your Christmas tree, there’s an increased risk of electrical hazards.

A message from our president: Thank you

I want to thank all of you – our customers – for the patience, support and understanding you showed Manitoba Hydro, and particularly our front-line crews, as we dealt with the effects of the devastating early winter storm that hit us over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Flu or flue?

With the heating season upon us, the risk of carbon monoxide exposure increases. Carbon monoxide (CO) exposure is caused by faulty or improperly vented heating equipment. Anything that burns propane, heating oil, kerosene, coal and wood can cause dangerous levels of CO in your home and workplace if not properly vented.

Prevent electrical fires

Using electrical equipment safely can prevent the majority of electrical fires. Be sure you and your family practice the safe use of electricity to prevent an electrical fire happening in your home.