A Top 100 Employer
We have been named a Top 100 Employer for the fifth year in a row. Here are some of the reasons why we were selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2015:
- we host monthly lunches with the CEO where employees in attendance are drawn randomly and encouraged to ask questions;
- we encourage employees to give to the Manitoba Hydro Employee Fund Board that is used to help employees and retirees in need – over 85 employees have been assisted since 2002;
- we help prepare employees for life after work through retirement planning workshops and help them save for the future with contributions to a defined benefit pension plan;
- we encourage ongoing employee development through subsidies for tuition and professional accreditation and a wide range of in-house and online training programs; employees may also apply for an educational leave of absence after four years of employment;
- in addition to personal paid days off, new employees start accruing 3 weeks of paid vacation allowance, working toward a maximum of 7 weeks paid vacation. We also consider an individual's previous work experience when setting annual vacation entitlements;
- active since the 1950s, our social committee organizes numerous fun events every year and helps to manage a number of sports leagues, including a 10-team baseball league as well as a curling and hockey league;
- our centrally-located head office features roof top terraces, six-storey glass atrium and a 24-metre waterfall that moderates humidity;
- we support employees who are new mothers or adoptive parents with maternity and parental leave top-up payments (to 93% of salary for 17 weeks) and offer a variety of flexible work options for when they return to work.
|Areas of evaluation
|Work atmosphere and communication
|Financial benefits and compensation
|Health and family-friendly benefits
|Vacation and personal time-off
|Training and skills development
This is the 15th year of the competition.
The winners of the competition were announced in The Globe and Mail.