Employment Equity Bursary
This bursary is intended to help us create a workforce that represents all Manitobans.
The purpose of employment equity is to achieve equality in the workplace – no person shall be denied employment opportunities or benefits for reasons unrelated to ability. It is also to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment experienced by some groups.
Employment equity means more than treating people in the same way. It also requires special measures and the accommodation of differences.
We offer $1,500 bursaries to 11 students who self-declare as a member of a designated diversity group. Students must be enrolled in the first year of either:
- a 4-year degree program at University of Manitoba, University of Winnipeg, or Brandon University;
- in engineering, computer science, or business.
- a 2- to 2.5-year diploma program at Red River College or Assiniboine Community College:
- in computer analyst/programming, information systems technology, business information technology, or engineering technologies (civil, electrical, electronic, instrumentation, mechanical, communications, or power).
- academic performance, financial need, and community involvement are considered.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application (PDF, 43 KB) or pick one up at your student awards office.
- Include cover letter, resumé, and transcripts with application.
- Submit your application via mail, email, or fax to Recruitment & Diversity.
Application deadline is October 1.