Policies & principles
Strengthening working relationships with Indigenous peoples is outlined in the key components of our Corporate Strategic Framework and related policies, programs and initiatives that guide Manitoba Hydro. Enhancing Indigenous relationships is integrated into the corporation’s top strategic goals.
Other relevant goals are:
- have highly skilled, effective, innovative employees and a diverse workforce that reflects the demographics of Manitoba;
- be an outstanding corporate citizen;
- be proactive in protecting the environment and the leading utility in promoting sustainable energy supply and service.
Strategically, we aim to:
- resolve and manage ongoing obligations from past development;
- increase employment opportunities at Manitoba Hydro for Indigenous people;
- continue to enhance training and support programs for Indigenous employees;
- promote and pursue business relationships with Indigenous companies.