Individuals who live in Manitoba can apply to Neighbours Helping Neighbours. To find out if you’re eligible, contact The Salvation Army office closest to you:
- Winnipeg 204-949-2106;
- Portage la Prairie 204-239-7213;
- Brandon 204-727-6271;
- Flin Flon 204-687-7812.
You or someone you know may be eligible if you:
- are not receiving social assistance;
- are currently in 60 days arrears or greater;
- have a final or disconnection notice;
- have not previously received assistance from this program.
To apply for assistance, you must meet with The Salvation Army, fill out an application, and provide proof of income for all household members for the current year.