Teachers & educators
The Manitoba Electrical Museum & Education Centre is an excellent resource to help educators meet curricular outcomes in an interactive and engaging way.
- guided and self-guided tours of our museum gallery;
- multimedia representations of electrical history;
- hands-on and interactive energy conservation displays;
- eclectic displays of artifacts;
- electrical safety games;
- age and grade appropriate videos;
- lower level Discovery Centre;
- various other activities.
As part of your students’ visit, you can choose among a range of worksheets including Scavenger Hunts, Historical Trivia, or Timely Trivia on the Electric Century that make students active participants in their learning.
The museum is a fun learning experience for any age or grade level. In particular, we can help educators meet curriculum outcomes in:
- Science for Grades 3, 6 and 9;
- Social Studies for Grades 3, 7 and 11;
- History for Grades 3, 7 and 11.
School and group bookings are strongly recommended and can be made by calling the museum at 204-360-7905. Tours can be arranged for English and French classes.