News & media
Manitoba Hydro is the province’s major energy utility, providing electricity and natural gas service throughout Manitoba, Canada. Read more about us.
On evenings and weekends – for power outage and emergency situation updates only – reporters should leave a message on our after-hours media line at 204-360-3319. The on-call spokesperson will return your call as soon as possible.
If you are not a member of the media, visit our contact us page.
News releases and articles
- Statement from the Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board
March 21, 2018
- Worker suffers fatal injury near Gillam
January 18, 2018
- Manitoba Hydro to consolidate staff downtown
September 29, 2017
- Public Utilities Board grants Manitoba Hydro 3.36% interim rate increase.
July 31, 2017
- Manitoba Hydro releases 2016–17 annual report.
July 28, 2017
For corporate documents, view our publications library.
We use social media to talk to our customers and answer their questions directly. Many of our posts are about outages, but we also post information that we believe is important to Manitobans. This information involves community work we do throughout the province and projects that will improve our delivery of reliable electricity and natural gas. Do not report outages or emergencies on Twitter and Facebook. Electrical and street light outages can be reported on our Outages page.
We make every effort to:
- post after hours during emergencies, such as severe weather events;
- try to engage in conversation and listen to your feedback;
- welcome open debate and respectful criticism;
- welcome your ideas to improve our communication with you.
We review all comments and delete any comment that uses foul language or is offensive, threatening, abusive or is intended to misinform others.
Our employees must comply with our corporate policy on Social Media Use and Guidelines of Conduct. This policy is based on our Code of Conduct.