News & media
Manitoba Hydro is the province’s major energy utility, providing electricity and natural gas service throughout Manitoba, Canada. Read more about us.
On evenings and weekends – for power outage and emergency situation updates only – reporters should leave a message on our after-hours media line at 204-360-3319. The on-call spokesperson will return your call as soon as possible.
If you are not a member of the media, visit our contact us page.
News releases and articles
- Manitoba Hydro releases 2017–18 Annual Report
August 14, 2018;
- Manitoba Hydro asks court to review PUB directives
August 10, 2018;
- Manitoba Hydro working to correct inaccurately estimated bills
August 1, 2018;
- Kelvin Shepherd to retire as Manitoba Hydro President & CEO
July 18, 2018;
- Manitoba Public Utilities Board releases its order on General Rate Application
May 1, 2018;
- Statement from the Manitoba Hydro-Electric Board
March 21, 2018;
- Worker suffers fatal injury near Gillam
January 18, 2018;
- Manitoba Hydro to consolidate staff downtown
September 29, 2017;
- Public Utilities Board grants Manitoba Hydro 3.36% interim rate increase.
July 31, 2017;
- Manitoba Hydro releases 2016–17 annual report.
July 28, 2017.