Grade 6 science program
The Manitoba Electrical Museum & Education Centre is an educational experience for students in many subject areas at any grade level. In particular, museum tours can help teachers meet curriculum outcomes in the Grade 6 science Electricity unit.
Students will learn:
- the history of hydroelectric development in Manitoba;
- the importance of using electricity safely;
- the impact of electricity on daily life;
- current and static electricity;
- insulators and conductors;
- transformation of motion into electricity and electricity into motion;
- renewable and non-renewable sources of energy;
- energy consumption and conservation.
Hours and rates
Tours are available Tuesday to Thursday between 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Allow 2 full hours for your visit.
Fee is $4 per student, payable by cheque to the Manitoba Electrical Museum Incorporated. There is no charge for teachers, support staff, and/or parent helpers.
- Book a minimum of 3 weeks in advance for guided tours. Please provide at least 2 date options.
- Maximum 60 students per booking. The students will be divided into 2 groups with different starting points for the first hour and switch for the second hour.
- We require 5 business days’ notice to cancel or reschedule.
- We do not have a lunch facility.
For more information or to book the Grade 6 program, contact us at 204-360-7983.