The Manitoba Clean Environment Commission (CEC) is conducting a review regarding the licensing of regulation of Lake Winnipeg. On July 31, 2014, we submitted a document in support of our request for a final licence.
Note the above file is over 12 MB. For smaller files, or to select specific sections of the Lake Winnipeg Regulation document, see files below.
- Section 1 – Background and History (PDF, 5.8 MB);
Includes Cover Letter, Executive Summary, and Table of Contents;
- Section 2 – Project Licensing, Facilities, and Operations: How It All Works (PDF, 2.3 MB);
- Section 3 – LWR Downstream Area Effects and Manitoba Hydro Responses (PDF, 4 MB);
- Section 4 – Public Engagement and Public Concerns – Lake Winnipeg (PDF, 793 KB);
- Section 5 – A Commitment to Sustainability (PDF, 249 KB);
- Section 6 – Final Licence Request: A Concluding Note
Includes Glossary, and General References (PDF, 85 KB).
- Appendix 1 – Interim Water Power Act Licences for LWR and Jenpeg (PDF, 3.7 MB);
- Appendix 2 – Licence Compliance Water Level Charts (PDF, 5.1 MB);
- Appendix 3 – An Assessment of LWR Effects Based on Hydrometric Data (PDF, 2.1 MB);
- Appendix 4 – An Assessment of Regulation Effects on Lake Winnipeg (PDF, 9.2 MB);
- Appendix 5 – Shoreline Monitoring and Erosion Protection Downstream from Lake Winnipeg (PDF, 954 KB);
- Appendix 6 – Environmental Effects Downstream from Lake Winnipeg (PDF, 3.4 MB);
- Appendix 7 – Lake Winnipeg Watershed Hydroclimatic Study (PDF, 3.1 MB);
- Appendix 8 – Discussion of Key Biological Concerns on Lake Winnipeg (PDF, 2.5 MB);
- Appendix 9 – Table of Sustainable Development Principles (PDF, 523 KB);
- Appendix 10 – An Assessment of Alternative Lake Winnipeg Power Ranges (PDF, 11 MB);
- Appendix 11 – LWR Economic Evaluation (PDF, 734 KB);
- Appendix 12 – Lake Winnipeg Regulation (PDF, 384 KB).
Lake Winnipeg Shoreline Management Handbook (PDF, 3.1 MB).
Lake Winnipeg Regulation – Invited Technical Session (PDF, 5.8 MB).