Electrical/natural gas service applications
To connect new electrical or natural gas service, or make changes to the service to your home or commercial property, you must complete an electric/natural gas service application and submit it to us, along with a site plan diagram.
A service application and site plan diagram are required for any new home/building, renovation, or addition.
Other permits & inspections
In addition, you will need to arrange for electrical wiring permits and inspections for:
- Any new home/building, renovation or addition that involves wiring, including outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns, and storage buildings;
- Installation of swimming pools or hot tubs that utilize a pump or water heater;
- Installation or replacement of furnaces and air conditioners;
- Some types of heating systems are more expensive to buy but cost less to run, learn about your heating options.
- Upgrades to electrical service.
Manitoba Hydro will not connect any service until the work has passed inspection.
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF, 28 KB).
Read more about permits, applications & inspections
- Electrical/natural gas service applications
- Shore Lands Permit Program
- Electrical permits and inspections
- Natural gas permits and inspections
- Building/structure moves
- Call Before You Dig – line location
- No charge labour for problems with natural gas equipment