Electrical/natural gas service applications

To connect new electrical or natural gas service, or make changes to the service to your home or commercial property, you must complete an electric/natural gas service application and submit it to us, along with a site plan diagram.

A service application and site plan diagram are required for any new home/building, renovation, or addition.

Applications for new service.

Applications for change to existing service.

Other permits & inspections

In addition, you will need to arrange for electrical wiring permits and inspections for:

  • Any new home/building, renovation or addition that involves wiring, including outbuildings such as garages, workshops, barns, and storage buildings;
  • Installation of swimming pools or hot tubs that utilize a pump or water heater;
  • Installation or replacement of furnaces and air conditioners;
  • Upgrades to electrical service.

Manitoba Hydro will not connect any service until the work has passed inspection.

View information on electrical permits and inspections.

View information on natural gas permits and inspections.

View the Manitoba Hydro Act.

Read more about permits, applications & inspections