Manitoba Hydro electrical inspection process: October 2019 storm
- As per the Manitoba Electrical Code, if your electricity is out, and you have damage to your electrical service (the mast supporting overhead wires, a meter box, a service panel mounted on a pole, etc.) you must have the repairs completed by a licensed electrician.
- Your electrician must apply for an electrical permit from Manitoba Hydro. The fees for this permit are being waived at this time.
- Once the electrician has completed the repairs, they will contact Manitoba Hydro to schedule an inspection.
- Manitoba Hydro will perform an inspection of the repairs prior to restoring the electricity to your property.
- If the inspection passes, the electricity will be restored. If the inspection fails, Manitoba Hydro will provide your electrician with a list of deficiencies needing repair.
- You are responsible for the costs associated with the repairs, but not the cost of a new meter (if your old meter was damaged). Manitoba Hydro will provide a new meter when the electricity is restored.
NOTE: There will be no fee for electrical permits to repair damage caused by the storm.
- Please complete and sign an application for an electrical permit (PDF, 31 KB), and indicate on it “Repairs to Electrical Service due to Storm Damage”. Itemize the repairs you are completing, and indicate whether there is damage to the electrical meter.
- You may go ahead and complete repairs to the electrical service caused by this storm prior to submitting a permit application, but electricity will not be restored until we have received a signed copy of the permit application.
For commercial locations:
E-mail or fax a copy of the signed permit application to the commercial electrical inspector in your area.
When repairs are complete, contact your commercial electrical inspector to arrange an appointment for inspection. If the inspection passes, the inspector will contact the service department and the electrical service will be scheduled for restoration.
For residential locations:
E-mail or fax a copy of the signed permit application to your local CSC office (see list below)
When repairs are complete, contact your local CSC office to arrange an appointment for inspection. If the inspection passes, the inspector will contact the service department and the electrical service will be scheduled for restoration.
Customer Service Centre (CSC) Contact Information for Residential Electrical Contractors:
|CSC||Email Address||Fax Number|
|Lac du Bonnet||LacduBonnetCSC@hydro.mb.ca||1-204-345-9083|