De Salaberry East Station
De Salaberry East Station will convert 230-kV electrical transmission to 66-kV distribution for use in nearby municipalities. It will connect to the proposed St. Vital Transmission Complex (Environment Act Licence received) and will deliver electricity through 6 distribution lines (single wood poles) that will leave the station and follow existing roads to nearby users.
De Salaberry East Station will lessen the loads carried by 3 other electrical stations and will improve reliability of electricity delivery in nearby communities.
The station will be located on land owned by Manitoba Hydro at NE35-06-04E1, northwest of Kleefeld in the RM of De Salaberry (4.8 km east of the junction of Highways 59 and 52).
We received regulatory approval to construct the De Salaberry East Station. Manitoba Sustainable Development issued an Environment Act Licence (Environment Act Licence No. 3245) on January 26, 2018. View the Manitoba Sustainable Development Public Registry.
Do you have information to share regarding the project? Contact us.
- Site investigation and selection: 2016–2017 (completed);
- Engagement and environmental assessment: 2017 (completed);
- Regulatory review: 2017–2018 (completed);
- Construction: summer 2018;
- In-service: late 2020.
This schedule is subject to change.
Feedback received through our public and Indigenous engagement processes helped inform the environmental assessment. Feedback assisted us in determining ways to lessen potential effects on people and the environment.
Engagement goals for the De Salaberry East Station project included:
- sharing information as it became available;
- gathering and understanding local interests;
- integrating interests and concerns into the assessment process;
- discussing potential mitigation measures.
The project information was shared with local municipalities, First Nations, the Manitoba Metis Federation, interested parties, and local community members.
All comment sheets, newsletters and storyboards presented at open houses, maps and documents related to the De Salaberry East Station project are available in the document library.
For more information about De Salaberry East Station:
- Email De Salaberry East Station project;
- Phone toll free at 1-877-343-1631 or 204-360-7888 in Winnipeg;
De Salaberry East Station Project
Licensing & Environmental Assessment Dept.
820 Taylor Ave. (3)
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3M 3T1