Materials created for the Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission Project:
- Newsletter - September 2012 (PDF, 878 KB);
- Open House Storyboards - September 2012 (PDF, 302 KB);
- Preferred Route Map (PDF, 569 KB);
- Open House Newspaper Advertisement - September 2012 (PDF, 88 KB).
- Newsletter - July 2012 (PDF, 720 KB);
- Open House Storyboards - July 2012 (PDF, 1.4 MB);
- Alternative Route Map (PDF, 457 KB);
- Open House Newspaper Advertisement - July 2012 (PDF, 101 KB).
We have completed an environmental assessment for the Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission Project, which is classified as a Class 2 development under The Environment Act (Manitoba). View the Manitoba Sustainable Development Public Registry.
The environmental assessment includes:
- study area characterization through site visits and background investigation;
- a public engagement process;
- assessment of potential environmental effects;
- determination of mitigation measures;
- public review of the environmental assessment.
The project has been approved by Manitoba Sustainable Development.
Environmental Protection Plan
The Environmental Protection Plan (EnvPP) for Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission prescribes mitigation and protection measures to avoid and reduce potential environmental and social effects.
Documents from the Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement EnvPP:
Construction environmental protection plans
- Transmission Line Construction Environmental Protection Plan (PDF, 2.9 MB)
Access management plans
- Transmission Line Access (PDF, 2.8 MB)
Environmental Effects Monitoring Plan and Report
- 2016 Environmental Effects Monitoring Plan (1 MB);
- 2016 Environmental Effects Monitoring Report (1 MB).