Materials created for the Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission Project:
We have completed an environmental assessment for the Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission Project, which is classified as a Class 2 development under The Environment Act (Manitoba). View the Manitoba Sustainable Development Public Registry.
The environmental assessment includes:
- study area characterization through site visits and background investigation;
- a public engagement process;
- assessment of potential environmental effects;
- determination of mitigation measures;
- public review of the environmental assessment.
The project has been approved by Manitoba Sustainable Development.
Environmental Protection Program
The Environmental Protection Program for Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission prescribes mitigation and protection measures to avoid and reduce potential environmental and social effects.
Documents from the Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Environmental Protection Program:
Cultural and heritage resource protection
Environmental effects monitoring
Environmental Effects Monitoring Plan (PDF, 1 MB).