The public engagement process for environmental assessment work is integral to ensure that we minimize effects on people and the environment.
Public engagement goals during the Lake Winnipeg East System Improvement Transmission Project were to:
- share information as it becomes available;
- obtain feedback for use in the assessment process;
- gather and understand local interests;
- integrate interests and concerns into the assessment process;
- discuss potential mitigation measures.
Through a 2-round approach, we presented the project to government, First Nations, the Manitoba Metis Federation, stakeholder groups, and local community members throughout 2012.