Click before you dig
We’re part of Manitoba Common Ground Alliance’s Click Before You Dig MB program. This service coordinates line location for multiple utilities.
Prevent personal injury or death, costly repairs, equipment damage, service outages, and environmental pollution by identifying buried lines before you dig.
For emergency line locate requests, call 1-800-940-3447.
Before you dig
- If you plan to excavate or dig into the ground for any reason deeper than 15 cm, complete a line locate online or call 1-800-940-3447 for help with your request.
- You will be contacted within 3 business days with a line locate date.
- We will locate and mark electric and natural gas lines that we own with flags and spray paint.
- We will give you a Facilities Locate form with specific instructions that must be followed, in accordance with Government of Manitoba statues and regulations.
- If work has not started within 14 days after line location, you must contact us to have the lines re-marked and receive an updated Facilities Locate form.
- Keep the Facilities Locate form at the site until the excavation and backfill are complete.
- Ensure everyone on the worksite is aware of the presence of all electric and natural gas lines.
- The locate markings must be maintained and kept visible by the person or contractor doing the excavating. Be careful that site operators do not remove the locate markings.