In order to be eligible for the Bioenergy Optimization Program, customers must:
- be billed at Manitoba Hydro’s general service rate.
- have the capability to incorporate the following into their operations:
- their own on-site energy generation that supplies part or all of their energy needs;
- combined heat & power (CHP);
- renewable fuels, specifically biomass.
The electrical load assigned to Manitoba Hydro’s curtailable service and surplus energy programs, as well as electrical energy assigned to non-utility generation agreements will not be eligible for the program.
An agreement is required to administer the incentive payment and ensure that the customer operates the load displacement generation system for a sufficient period of time.