Choosing the right door for your building is just as important as choosing windows, as they play a key role in building envelope performance. High performance doors will result in long-term savings on your energy bills, and our Commercial Building Envelope Program will pay up to 100% of the incremental cost over a standard door.
It’s important to consider U-value – the rate at which heat transfers through the door and frame. Your door supplier or contractor can help you choose the right door.
High performance doors have these features:
- better core insulation;
- thermally broken frame;
- improved glazing (triple pane, better low-e coatings, argon fill, warm edge spacer).
- long-term energy savings;
- higher insulation value;
- less potential for condensation;
- small incremental cost compared to the overall cost of the door;
- enhanced building durability and aesthetics.
Financial incentives (PDF, 240 MB) are available for single, glazed entry doors with up to 50% glazing (¼, ½ or ¾ lite) and with a U-value of less than 1.6 on doors of an existing building. Eligible projects receive $125/m2/U.