How to take part

  • Fill out an energy saving Opportunities Questionnaire (PDF, 377 KB) for your existing commercial building.
  • Submit that questionnaire to Manitoba Hydro.
  • Following review, we will contact you about your building.
  • Fill out an application and agreement that identifies your investment, incentives, and program process.
  • Hire a professional building consultant as your commissioning provider and choose your building operations project team.
  • Work with your project team to:
    • find energy saving opportunities;
    • choose ways to save energy;
    • apply measures and confirm savings;
    • monitor/track ongoing energy efficiency.

Participating professional building consultants (commissioning providers)

This list includes companies that are familiar with the commissioning process and this Program. We do not endorse any provider. You may choose a consultant who is not on this list, however you might want to look for someone with commissioning experience and qualifications.

We recommend you choose professional building consultants with the following designations.

  • One of the following designations:
    • Professional Engineer(s) registered with the Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM);
    • Architect(s) registered with the Manitoba Association of Architects (MAA);
    • Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician registered with the Certified Technicians, and Technologists Association of Manitoba (CTTAM).
  • Some of the following designations:
    • Commissioning Professional Certification – American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE);
    • Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA) – AABC Commissioning Group (ACG);
    • Advanced Recommissioning Course and examination – CanmetENERGY Natural Resources Canada;
    • Completion of BCxA university courses – Building Commissioning Association;
    • Commissioning Certificate – University of Wisconsin-Madison;
    • Certified Energy Manager (CEM) – Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).
  • Or proven equivalency to any of the above.

For more information on hiring a professional building consultant or on how to become a participating provider, contact us at 204-360-3069.