To be eligible for financial incentives through the basic stream of the Custom Measures Program, projects must have electrical energy savings between 15,000 and 49,999 kWh or a minimum of 7,500 m3 of natural gas savings per year. These savings must be estimated by a registered professional engineer/architect and reviewed, adjusted (if necessary), and approved by a Manitoba Hydro program engineer.
The program provides financial incentives to investigate and implement system efficiency improvements in your facility.
Investigate – Feasibility study report assistance
During the investigation phase, the following feasibility study report assistance is available:
- 50 per cent of the first $5,000;
- 25 per cent of the remaining study cost in excess of $5,000, up to a maximum of $10,000.
- 20 per cent of the system installation incentive.
Implement – System installation incentive
Following completion of the implementation phase, a system installation incentive is available in accordance to the following program requirements:
- $0.20/kWh saved – annual electricity;
- $0.30/m3 saved – annual natural gas.
- 50 per cent of the project incremental cost;
- the amount required to reach a 1-year payback on project incremental cost.
The maximum eligible incentive is $250,000 for all electrical measures and $100,000 for all natural gas measures included in the project.