If you are constructing a new building or replacing your current heating and cooling system, consider a geothermal heat pump. Geothermal systems are among the most energy efficient, comfortable, and environmentally friendly heating and cooling systems available.
- reduced annual heating costs of 50 to 70% (compared to a conventional electric system);
- low, stable energy costs;
- uniform levels of heating and cooling;
- maximum use of office or retail space (requires less room than traditional mechanical systems);
- no smoke stacks or rooftop chillers and reduced roof structural requirements;
- demonstration of environmental stewardship and green commercial practices.
Our Geothermal Program provides financial incentives to customers who install a geothermal heat pump system to replace a conventional electric heating system. To be eligible for financial incentives, you must have your project pre-approved by Manitoba Hydro prior to the installation or purchase of a geothermal heat pump system.
To receive a Geothermal Program information kit and application package, email us.