Lighting for Multi-Unit Residential Buildings
We offer financial incentives to owners, property managers, and landlords of apartment complexes, townhouses, and triplexes/fourplexes, or multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs) to upgrade their incandescent and halogen bulbs to energy efficient LED bulbs in their residential suites.
- use up to 80% less energy than incandescent bulbs;
- can last up to 25,000 hours or 25 years based on average residential use;
- can save money on replacement bulbs and time/effort of changing bulbs;
- LEDs come in a variety of designs, styles, and colour temperatures.
- $2 incentive per LED bulb for:
- 40W A-line;
- 60W A-line.
- $4 incentive per LED bulb for:
- 100W A-line;
Limit of 10 LED bulbs per residential suite.
Existing bulbs must be incandescent or halogen in order to qualify. Upgrades from CFL bulbs to LED bulbs do not qualify for an incentive.
How to take part
- Print and complete the Lighting Program for MURBs Application (PDF, 195 KB). Scan the form and email it to our Energy Expert.
- We will review the application and pre-approve you if you qualify.
- Buy and install your LED bulbs within 180 days of pre-approval.
- Print and complete the Completion Declaration and Questionnaire (PDF, 141 KB). Scan the form and your invoice, and email them to our Energy Expert.
- We may arrange a post-inspection walkthrough.
- We will mail you an incentive cheque.
Financial incentives for common area lighting for MURBs may be eligible through our Commercial Lighting Program.
For more information, email us.