Resources and incentives – project development process
The program aims to support customers at each phase in the development of an energy efficient improvement project. Access to the technical and financial resources required is provided in order to identify, investigate, and implement your project.
- Identification of project by customer, engineering consultant, equipment vendor, or Manitoba Hydro personnel. For a Manitoba Hydro-assisted walk-through, complete a Walk-through Study Application (Natural Gas) (PDF, 77 KB).
- A facility walk-through is available as a basic customer service at no extra charge to identify potential efficiency improvements in your facility.
- You submit Feasibility Study Incentive Application (PDF, 180 KB) complete with a study proposal outline that is written as per the Feasibility Study Guide (PDF, 135 KB) format.
- We approve Feasibility Study Incentive Application prior to study.
- Feasibility study is completed. Report is written as per Feasibility Study Guide and a copy is provided to Manitoba Hydro.
- We approve the Feasibility Study Report and release the feasibility study incentive payment.
- In order to further investigate a potential opportunity for improvement and verify its savings potential, a study incentive is available to share in the cost of conducting a project feasibility study. The study incentive is calculated as follows:
- 50% of initial $10,000 of feasibility study cost;
- 25% of remaining study cost;
- to a maximum study incentive of $15,000.
- You submit a Project Implementation Incentive Application (PDF, 243 KB) with a feasibility study report or similar project report.
- We approve Project Implementation Incentive Application prior to project implementation.
- Project is completed within 12 months of project approval. Customer requests incentive payment.
- We verify project installation, costs, and energy savings.
- We release the project incentive payment.
Projects that have sufficiently quantified energy savings and project costs are eligible for an implementation incentive, calculated as follows:
- $0.30/m3 annual energy.
- Limited to:
- 50% of total project cost;
- the amount required to reach a 1 year payback on incremental cost;