Terms and conditions
- Application for incentives must be approved by Manitoba Hydro prior to commencing study or project installation.
- Manitoba Hydro decisions regarding product or customer eligibility, amount of natural gas savings potential, amount of incentive or any other issue will be final.
- Savings shall be calculated in comparison to a customer-defined and Manitoba Hydro-approved Base Case system. Our decisions regarding Base Case definition shall be final.
- Incentives may be reduced on projects that have received financial assistance under other federal, provincial or Manitoba Hydro energy efficiency programs.
- Only equipment purchased by the Applicant for permanent use with natural gas shall be eligible for consideration under this Program.
- Only applications that offer potential to reduce natural gas energy usage on our distribution system are eligible for the Program.
- Equipment must be installed within one year after the incentive application is approved. This period may be extended at our discretion for larger projects if necessary.
- Energy savings must be verifiable by a Manitoba Hydro representative or its Agent.
- The applicant shall obtain all necessary zoning, building, environmental and other permits and licenses necessary for the project at their own cost.
- We do not endorse or warrant any particular manufacturer, product, system, design, contractor, supplier or installer in promoting natural gas efficiency through this program.
- The incentive is in the form of a 3-year forgivable loan, and is subject to approved credit. The forgivable loan is issued when the project is completed and forgiven after the equipment operates for the 3-year performance period.
We may modify or cancel this program at any time without notice.