To be eligible, projects must meet each of the following criteria:
- Minimum project energy savings of 25,000 kWh per year or 10 kW demand of 3-phase power. Winter demand savings shall be calculated as the average kW load reduction during the on-peak hours of 6 a.m. through 10 p.m. Monday to Saturday in the months of November through April. Summer demand savings shall be calculated as the average kW load reduction during the on-peak hours of 6 a.m. through 10 p.m. Monday to Saturday in the months of May through October. We reserve the right to assess each project on an individual basis.
- Projects must utilize proven measures with a minimum expected equipment operating life of 10 years, except in those cases where the demonstration of a new technology/process has been approved.
- Products and equipment installed must be new and CSA approved or certified by an accredited independent organization to conform to CSA standards.
- Only equipment purchased by the Applicant for permanent use with power supplied by Manitoba Hydro shall be eligible for consideration under the program.
- Projects that achieve energy savings by switching to other energy sources will not qualify under this program.
Read more about the Performance Optimization Program
- Systems approach
- Supported technologies
- Resources and incentives – project development process
- Measurement and verification
- Terms and conditions
- Forms and applications