How to take part
We provide technical and financial resources at each phase of your project.
To start the pre-approval process:
- identify your energy efficiency improvement project;
- identify potential efficiency improvements with a site walk-through;
- submit and complete the Feasibility Study Incentive Application and study proposal outline.
We must approve the Feasibility Study Incentive Application prior to study. After approval, we will release the potential feasibility study incentive payment. To investigate possible improvement opportunities and verify savings, a project feasibility study incentive is available to share in the cost. The study incentive is calculated as follows (maximum $15,000):
- 50% of initial $10,000 of feasibility study cost;
- 25% of remaining cost.
Submit your Project Implementation Incentive Application complete with a feasibility study report or similar project report. To complete your submission:
- application is approved before you purchase or install any equipment.
- project is completed within 12 months of project approval;
- you request incentive payment;
- we verify project installation, project costs, and energy savings;
- we release the project incentive payment.
Projects that have sufficiently measured demand, energy savings, and project costs are eligible for an implementation incentive that is calculated as the lesser of the following:
- $0.10/kWh annual energy.
- $200/kW winter demand;
- $200/kW summer demand.
- Limited to:
- 50% of total project cost;
- the amount required to achieve a 1-year payback on incremental cost;
Complete, sign, and submit all applicable forms with required documentation:
- Fax 204-360-6109.
Performance Optimization Program
360 Portage Ave. (7)
Winnipeg MB R3C 0G8.