Terms and conditions
- Application for incentives must be approved by Manitoba Hydro prior to commencing study or project installation.
- Our decisions relating to product or customer eligibility, amount of electrical demand or energy savings potential, amount of incentive or any other issue will be final.
- The program applies to both new construction and renovation projects undertaken by industrial and large commercial customers.
- Savings shall be calculated in comparison to a customer defined and Manitoba Hydro approved Base Case system. Our decisions in respect to Base Case definition shall be final.
- Incentives may be reduced on projects which have received financial assistance under other federal, provincial, or Manitoba Hydro energy efficiency programs.
- Project incentives greater than the specified maximums may be approved, at the sole discretion of Manitoba Hydro, on a case-by-case basis, using additional criteria as we deem appropriate.
- Equipment must be installed within 1 year after the incentive application is approved (this period may be extended at Manitoba Hydro's option for large projects if necessary).
- Demand and energy savings must be verifiable by a Manitoba Hydro representative or its Agent.
- The Applicant shall obtain all necessary zoning, building, electrical, environmental, and other permits and licenses necessary for the project at its own cost.
- We do not endorse or warrant any particular manufacturer, product, system, design, contractor, supplier, or installer in promoting electrical efficiency through this program.
- The incentive will be in the form of a forgivable loan and is subject to approve credit. The forgivable loan is issued when the project is completed and forgiven after the equipment operates for the 3-year performance period.
We may modify or cancel this program at any time without notice.
Read more about the Performance Optimization Program
- Systems approach
- Supported technologies
- Resources and incentives – project development process
- Measurement and verification
- Terms and conditions
- Forms and applications