Set up your business in Manitoba
World-class companies are experiencing continued success in Manitoba. Along with other important site location factors, many companies have discovered Manitoba’s strengths:
- energy advantage;
- attractive electricity rates;
- clean, renewable hydropower;
- energy system reliability;
- energy saving solutions and support;
- specialized expertise.
As each new project’s energy requirements can differ in size, scope, and location, we provide support and respond to agency and/or potential customers’ electricity and natural gas service questions on a case-by-case basis.
Our Business Development Consultant provides interested customers with:
- energy operating cost comparisons between different jurisdictions;
- utility infrastructure location and energy capacity information;
- details on the customer information required and process flow details of service extensions for large electricity and natural gas requirements;
- available Power Smart opportunities to support efficient operations in Manitoba.
Resources for new industrial and commercial business inquiries
- Manitoba Hydro electric and natural gas rates;
- Manitoba Hydro systems map (PDF, 230 KB);
- Manitoba Hydro Annual Report.
- Overview of the connection process for new large electric services (services requiring over 2,500 kVA connected to Manitoba Hydro sub-transmission or transmission lines with customer owned transformation):
- Initial Study (60 to 90 days): For qualifying customers, we will complete a high level review called a Load Interconnection Evaluation Study.
- Detailed Engineering Study (6 to 9 months - cost covered by the customer): Includes detailed engineering study and design, an infrastructure installation timeline, and the option to proceed with construction to reserve power capacity on our system.
- Service Design and Installation (timeline will depend on customer request and environmental licensing requirements, if any): Following execution of a Manitoba Hydro Construction Agreement, final infrastructure design and installation would commence. The customer is responsible for the actual cost of the electric service extension and all electrical equipment beyond the Manitoba Hydro point of delivery.
- Learn more about connecting to our distribution system at voltages exceeding 750 V and less than 100 kV: Distribution System Customer Load Interconnection Requirements (750–100,000 V) (PDF, 133 KB).
For more information, contact our Business Development Consultant.