Affordable Energy Program for Multi-Unit Residential Buildings
Multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs) are eligible to participate in our Affordable Energy Program. We offer property managers and landlords free basic energy efficiency items for their residential suites. Qualifying buildings will receive (per suite):
- up to 2 low-flow (5.7 litres per minute) showerheads (choice of handheld massage or wall mount massage);
- up to 2 low-flow (5.7 litres per minute) bathroom faucet aerators;
- 1 low-flow (5.7 litres per minute) kitchen faucet aerator;
- pipe wrap for hot water tanks (if required);
- 10 LED bulbs;
- 6 electric socket safety caps;
- 3 electric socket draft stoppers;
- 1 window weatherization kit.
Devices can either be shipped or installed by one of our Ecofitt technicians.
To determine if your apartment building qualifies, submit the per-unit income guideline documentation (e.g. mandate, lease agreement, tenant handbook etc.) that states the income guidelines for tenants along with your application. For example, tenants who pay “rent geared to income” (RGI), where their monthly rent is a percentage of their total household income, may qualify for our program.
If you are a tenant living in an apartment building and would like to participate in this program, please have your landlord or property manager call 1-855-360-3643 for more information.
How to take part
Property managers and landlords can request an application form by emailing us their contact information, building address(es), and number of units.