How to take part
To qualify, you must:
- live in a single or semi-detached home;
- live in the home year-round;
- have a total household income (before deductions) that meets or falls below the limits listed in the table below (based on the number of people living in your home);
- provide all applicable documents for people 18 years of age and older who live in your home.
|Number of people||Total income|
|7 or more people||$83,819|
Find out if you are eligible for the program
- Complete an online eligibility application.
- Print and complete an eligibility application (PDF, 165 KB).
What you need to send along with your application
All people 18 years of age and older must provide the applicable documents.
Income Tax information
Every person must provide for the most recent tax year:
- an Income Tax Return;
- a Notice of Assessment.
Tenants who want to keep their income information private from their landlord can mail it directly to the Affordable Energy Program.
DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL TAX DOCUMENTS.
You must provide a completed and signed Voluntary Consent – Tenant form (PDF, 125 KB).
An official letter from your Registrar/Administration office confirming you are a full-time student may be provided instead of income tax information.
If you report income or losses from rentals or self-employment, you must provide the applicable Canada Revenue Agency statements:
- Statement of Business or Professional Activities;
- Statement of Farming Activities;
- Statement of Real Estate Rentals.
If you can’t provide income tax documents
We accept other documents to verify your income. Proof of recent participation in the following programs qualifies you:
- Manitoba Employment and Income Assistance;
- Canadian Tire Jumpstart;
- KidSport Manitoba;
- Manitoba Camping Association Sunshine Fund;
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program;
- Homeowner Renovation Assistance Program;
- Manitoba Emergency Repair Program;
- Residential Adaptations for Disabilities Program;
- Legal Aid;
- SEED Inner City Homebuyer Program;
- SEED Individual Development Account;
- SEED Access to Benefits Program;
- SEED Saving Circle.