How to take part
You will need:
- your Manitoba Hydro account number;
- your service address;
- your mailing address.
Before fridge/freezer pickup day
- Make sure the appliance has been emptied and cleaned, and is plugged in and running. If the appliance is less than 15 years old, too small or not working, it will not be removed.
- Ensure there is a clear path to your refrigerator or freezer. The pickup team will not clear household goods, or remove railings, doors, or other fixtures to gain access to remove the appliance.
Fridge/freezer pickup day
- You will receive a reminder phone call approximately 30 minutes before your scheduled pickup time to let you know the pickup crew is on their way. Please note the Program requires the owner to be home during the pick-up, and if the owner is not available the appliance(s) will not be removed.
- You will be asked to confirm the qualifying criteria for the appliance and your mailing address.
- You will be asked to review and approve the terms and conditions of the Program and sign a waiver to release the appliance(s).
You will receive a $50 cheque per qualified appliance approximately 4 to 6 weeks from the date of removal.
To cancel or reschedule
- Cancelling or rescheduling may only be done by calling 1-855-5FRIDGE (1-855-537-4343).
- If you miss your scheduled appointment, you will get a notification with instructions on how to reschedule.
- If you miss a second appointment, you will no longer be eligible to participate in the Program.