How-to booklets and videos
Small changes can make a big difference. Read some of our no-cost, low-cost tips to prevent air leakage in your home. Our how-to booklets and videos will guide you through do-it-yourself home energy efficiency improvements.
- Sealing, caulking and weatherstripping (PDF, 861 KB);
- Basement and crawlspace insulation (PDF, 796 KB);
- Attic insulation (PDF, 670 KB);
- Wall insulation (PDF, 694 KB);
- Doors and windows (PDF, 1 MB);
- Heating systems (PDF, 2.2 MB);
- Water heaters (PDF, 463 KB)
- Indoor air quality and ventilation (PDF, 466 KB);
- Energy saving tips (PDF, 599 KB).
How to install showerheads and aerators
Find out how to install the low-flow showerheads and aerators you can get in our free Water & Energy Saver Kit.
Caulk and Seal Windows
Caulk and seal your windows to save energy and money. Learn which tools you’ll need and how to get started.
Insulate Basement Walls
Learn how to install a wood frame, set up a moisture barrier, and finish with drywall.
Install Door Weatherstripping
Learn how to weatherstrip your door properly to protect it against the elements and save money on your energy bill.